Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ancient Treasures=Modern Inspiration

On my last day in NYC I had about 2 hours to take in the MET, which is virtually impossible as i'm sure some of you know.  I did, however, take time to peruse one of my favorite sources of creative stimulation: ancient adornment.  I especially get lost in the rich, high-carat gold and mythical references.

This egyptian snake bangle bracelet rocked my world.  
C'mon now....doesn't get much better than this!
The amazing, surprisingly large Heart Scarab of Hathofer ca 1492 B.C.
Greco-Roman lion bangles.  I'll take two, please!
Mesopotamian Lunate earrings 2600 B.C. 
 I'm dying to make lightweight folded hoops like these!
Stunning Greek arm cuffs.  
Imagine self sunning on the Mediterranean, tan skin, hair flowing, long cascading dress, arm cuffs!  One can dream, right?



1 comment:

vega said...

can't wait to see what you create from these old pieces!

Sarah Swell All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger